This one ticks all the right boxes and it has some pretty snazzy knitting skills to boot....
1. It is for me
2. It is made with Patons 'Wilderness' yarn, so soft, chunky and scrummy and unfortunately for me it is discontinued :-(
3. It is quirky enough for me to wear (not outside or to town I hope said Hubby!!) Oh yes definitely...it will grow on him!
4. I can enter it in the Alice Springs Beanie Festival next year
5. It is my own design...Hubby reckons no one else would be mad enough to wear it!
6. It's in some of my favourite earthy colours
7. There is enough room to accommodate my growing locks so it will last more than one season
Now I am going to skite a bit....
Kitchener stitch to join (grafting), and you can hardly see it!
Stranded colourwork using 3 colours....I can even show you the inside (pretty neat huh!) and I haven't done any of that for 30yrs!!!
I am really happy with the knitting/crochet combination, I think I will have to try some more of this :-)
I just wanted to add a big thank you to all my followers and readers who leave comments and to all the lovely bloggers I follow who inspire me to create by sharing their own creativity. I also wanted to say thank you for sharing all the highs and lows of your daily grind as it helps me to feel connected and not so alone in this big wide world. After a big day with 2 active boys it is lovely to connect and be cheered by everyones lovely posts. ( I am saying a prayer to the computer God as I write this!)