Yesterday I put down my complicated socks that I have been knitting and cranked up the sewing machine. I had bought some lovely Retro Fabric from Spotlight ages ago with the intention of making some pretty snazzy new Pyjamas.
I did everything correctly, just like my mum taught me. Even if I did have to ring her and check that I was doing it right (thanks Mum xx ) My brain has a lot of trouble thinking back to front especially when it comes to sewing....
- pre washed and ironed the fabric
- made a pattern from my 'old faithfuls' which I realised are now 10yrs old, no wonder they were getting a bit thin in the seat!
- ironed and pinned all the seams
- zig-zag the raw edges ( no overlocker here )
- proper waistband for the elastic
- even figured out how to add the extra length of fabric on the legs so there were no raw seams inside. I even went to the extra trouble to make sure both those pieces were the same so that they wouldn't look mis-matched!
(sorry for the blurry photo)
Ta Dah! Don't you just love that fabric.
Now can you see where I went wrong?
Bugger and some other tasteful expletives were used when I realised! They are still cool PJ's though and I love them :-)
* for those of you who are not fabulous quilters and couldn't pick the mistake I didn't cut and turn the back piece of fabric before I cut the pattern so one leg has the elephants UPSIDE DOWN! I kinda like it that way now because I don't have to turn my head to look at the cuteness. The next pair will be better ;-)